Guests can discover the history of local dishes, learn new cooking techniques and taste the best flavours of the region through its Chef’s Table experience, culinary and drinks workshops.
The Chef’s Table experience is a unique and exclusive dinner, held every Thursday hosted by an in-house chef. Guests can enjoy a special 9-course menu, which is paired with the best wines of Portugal selected by experienced sommeliers. The adult-only events will be open to a small intimate group of 12 participantswhere the Chef will present the dishes, prepare them, and join guests at the table. From 8.00pm – 11.00pm. €160 per person.
Culinary workshops will run from Tuesday to Saturday (morning classes) and will include Portuguese classics to latest healthy options:
- Codfish 101 – There are said to be more than 1,000 recipes that use codfish in Portugal. Participants will learn how to prepare this signature fish, as well as its origins and conservation methods, by preparing a snack, an appetiser, and a main entree. €68.00 per adult
- Cataplana – this pork and seafood stew is a reference of Algarve cuisine. Guests will learn the unique method of cooking and how to prepare this typical dish. €98,00 per adult
- Traditional Algarve – Guests learn how to make typical and traditional Algarvian food such as ‘Xerém’ (a thick soup with clams), ‘Caldeirada (a fish and potato stew). In this class, recipes from all over the region will be prepared, not only from the coast but also from inland regions, for a broader taste of southern Portuguese cuisine. €88.00 per adult
- Brunch favourites – Make perfect classic egg dishes like omelettes and the famous eggs benedict. €68.00 per adult
- Plant-Based Food – Learn techniques and recipes to make plant-based dishes in a healthier way. €68.00 per adult
Afternoon Workshops are available from Tuesday to Saturday, from 4.00pm. These include Portuguese wines and beers:
- Algarvian Wines – Take a tasting tour around Algarve’s main vineyards at a wine tasting class and discover five unique grape varieties and their pairings with their certified sommeliers. €48.00 per person
- Portugal in 5 Glasses – Journey through an authentic Portugal, a country of luxuriant colours, unique flavours and delicate scents and celebrate traditions, heritage, and wine. €48.00 per person
- Cocktail Challenge – Learn how to make cocktails, main bar techniques and presentation to impress friends and families. €60.00 per person
- Cookies & Cupcakes – Fun for the little ones. The name of this class says it all, children can have fun by working with ingredients as simple as flour, eggs, and sugar. This didactic moment ends with the kids enjoying the fruits of their own labour. The prepared snacks will be accompanied by fresh lemonade that they will also prepare for themselves. €65.00 for 1 child (between 5-12 ages) and 1 adult (mandatory)
MIMO Algarve also offers an Espresso Bar where visitors can enjoy artisan pastries and signature coffees.
New produce on offer at the MIMO Shop include local teas, jams, honey, olives from Vale do Freixo, as well as a new homemade craft beer called Falésia, which is available as IPA, Stout, Pilsner, and Amber Ale from €3.50.
Rates for staying at Pine Cliffs Hotel start from £278.00 per night based on 2 adults sharing a deluxe ocean view room including breakfast.